Monday, February 15, 2010

Shelly Tracy's Caramel Corn


This is a recipe from a wonderful friend back home in Spokane. She makes it every year for our family and I couldn't resist trying my hand at it this year! Thanks Shelly and thanks MOM for getting it to me!

WARNING: This is caramel corn is UNHeALTHY and ADDICtiVe

Here is the recipe in my mothers own words:

1 cup butter (Linz: I used half butter/half Promise spread)
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
8 large marshmallows
1 1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix altogether and cook on medium heat, stirring often. Bring to soft ball stage or soft boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda. Stir until mixed well as it foams all over. Pour over about 2-3 bags of popped corn in large bowl or 2-3 batches of air-popped corn. Mix well. After coating popcorn spread out on wax paper on table. Break up into small whatevers and let cool for 15 min before bagging or scarfing.

*Side note, if it boils too long, it will stick to the wax paper, the first time we made it I had to reheat the popcorn to get it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment