Tuesday, March 2, 2010

j'aime des crêpes!


One year ago this week, France and I went to Paris! In honor of that memory I bring you my FAVORITE crepe recipe. You can't mess this one up. :) I love love love crepes. My dad used to take me to La Creperie in Vegas at the Paris Hotel where I had my first Crepes au Jambon et Frommage (ham and cheese) who knew you could do that? It was delicious! I love the memories too.

For the Crepes:
-2 eggs
-3/4 cup of milk
-1/2 cup of water
-1 cup flour
-3 tbs of melted butter

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender
(To reduce air bubbles, refrigerate up to 30 min.)
2. Spray a pan with a non-stick cooking spray and set heat to 'medium'
3. Pour a pancake size amount into pan and let cook all the way through, no need to flip, you will know in your heart when it has finished. :) Haha

Extras!
We throw a berry sauce on top.

For the Berry Sauce
- 1.5 cups of any kind of mixed berries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tbs of corn starch to thicken
- Powdered sugar and/or agave to taste

1. Mix and add all ingredients to a small sauce pan and set heat to 'medium'
2. Cook until sauce starts to bubble and then remove and allow to thicken
3. Serve when still warm

We also eat the Crepes with turkey or ham and cheese!

1. Add any kind of cheese to a freshly poured crepe
2. Add a piece of meat or two on top of cheese and wait till crepe cooks all the way through. Fold and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH - those look amazingly yummy! Brian especially loves crepes. Did you have Nutella crepes in Paris?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear L,

    I believe the correct title of this post should be "J'aime les crepes" instead of "J'aime des crepes."

    Either way, they look gooooooooood.

    J

    ReplyDelete