Monday, March 29, 2010

THE Chocolate Chip Cookie

I did it!
The one item of my mother's that I was afraid to make: The Chocolate Chip Cookie.
These chocolate chip cookies were the highlight of the week whenever my mom made them for us. They are perfect. They are light & fluffy & moist! To make them, directions have to be followed exactly or one will get lifeless, dried-out imitations. France loved them and was glad that I finally had the guts to make them. As usual, thanks for the amazing advice mom, they turned out perfect!

*For the Cookies:
2 cups softened butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups of white sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp of vanilla
6 cups flour
2-3 cups of chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate!)
*Nuts can be added if you are crazy like that

Directions:
1. Cream butter and sugar JUST until blended and not a second more!

2. Add the eggs and mix EVER so LIGHTLY (this is the key!).

3. Add the rest of the ingredients except the chips. Mix until JUST blended, never over-mix!

4. Stir in the chocolate chips.

5. Cool in fridge for 30 minutes, you want the butter to start to solidify.

6. Drop about the size of a tablespoon of dough onto cookie sheets and bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.

7. Take out of oven and let sit for another minute on cookie sheet before transferring to another surface (do not transfer to cooling rack, it can dry out the cookies).

8. ENJOY!


*I half the recipe, the yield is huge if you make the full one!

3 comments:

  1. your chocolate chip cookies look amazing and YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, that's the same exact recipe of my mom's I posted (just doubled and minus the vanilla extract)! I've never seen anyone with the same recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my go to recipe now. Delicious cookies!

    ReplyDelete